Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Argyraspides done

Just a quick update today. My first unit of Silver Shields are finally done. These took about 2 weeks to do. It's funny how much more time phalangites take to paint for me. These are from the Polemarch range at Gripping Beast. The shields are embossed Macedonian shields from Crusader. Just a note if anyone wants to use these shields sometime, they are flat on the back. I had to pull out my drill and make a dimple in the back of each shield so they fit on the models' hands.

I have one more unit of Silver Shields to do but I need some cavalry done before that. I have a 1st Corp Taxiarch on the painting block now. I think I should do my 1st Corp Companions next. It's time the big boys start making their appearance in the Syrian campaign.




1 comment:

  1. I must say, those look phenomenal! I've got a bunch of Macedonian successor pikemen that I want to use as Silver Shield Argyraspides, and I've been trying to think of what to do with their shields, since they come very much pre-attached to the models... Just a plain silvery shield would be boring. Do you have any brainstorming ideas on How to texture the shields? Or maybe just the simple Macedonian star, in black or red, perhaps, on a silver shield?

    ReplyDelete